Read the following lines from ‘Lines Written in Early Spring’ and answer the questions that follow.
I heard a thousand blended notes,
While in a grove I sate reclined,
In that sweet mood when pleasant thoughts
Bring sad thoughts to the mind.
1. Who is the speaker in the poem Lines Written in Early Spring ?
2. 'I heard a thousand blended notes,' Identify the poetic device used in this line.
3. When does the poet hear a thousand blended notes ?
4. What does the expression “I sate reclined” indicate about the poets state of mind?
5. Cite an example for auditory image from the given stanza.